CITB-ConstructionSkills NI Strategic Plan 2011 - 2016
CITB-ConstructionSkills NI’s role is to make sure:
- that employees and new entrants to the construction industry have the right training;
- that employers provide training for their workforce;
- that we understand the industry and can identify what its training needs are both now and in the future and;
- that the right qualifications, at the right level, are available to meet these needs.
As such, our image for the future of the construction industry, and for our organisation, (our vision
A construction industry where skills and competence are at the core of every business, supported by a respected and valued CITB-ConstructionSkills NI.
To achieve this vision, our purpose (mission
To develop and embed a training culture which will improve the skills and productivity of the Northern Ireland construction industry.
To make our vision a reality, our aims
- CITB-ConstructionSkills NI is respected and valued by industry, stakeholders and staff
- The industry invests in skills and qualifications to improve safety and profitability
- CITB-ConstructionSkills is customer focused, flexible, responsive and supportive
- CITB-ConstructionSkills NI is the voice for skills and informs Government policy
- Communication is clear and direct
- Qualifications and occupational competencies meet the needs of NI industry.
To download a copy of our Strategic Plan, click here
We will deliver our aims through a range of actions, which will improve our organisation and its services to the construction industry in Northern Ireland.